As a leading independent professional liability insurance brokerage offering customized design professionals errors and omission insurance policies and risk management solutions, our team at Fenner & Esler is proud to showcase the projects and successes of our clients.
Keystone Associates, LLC was retained by the Worcester Central School District for conceptual design, budgets, promotional material, design and construction observation of the District’s $32,600,000 Capital Improvement Project involving alterations and additions to the District’s K-12 School and site. The renovation of the existing 72,000 SF historic building involved asbestos abatement, the reconstruction of the auditorium and balcony, a complete infrastructure replacement of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, and extensive interior refinishing including floor and ceiling finishes, casework, chalkboards, doors and hardware and a new handicap elevator. The construction of the 32,500 SF addition included classrooms, a cafeteria and kitchen with new equipment and serving lines, a home and careers room, a technology classroom, and vocal and instrumental music classrooms. Extensive site work included parking lots using pervious concrete, a bus loop and entry drive, a variety of sports fields and recreation areas. Phase I included construction of an 8,000 SF bus garage. Subsequent phases included replacement of the original slate roof on the existing building as well as a storage and maintenance building adjacent to the addition.
Keystone Associates, LLC Overview
Keystone Associates, LLC, with its headquarters in Binghamton, NY and satellite offices in eastern New York and northern Pennsylvania provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, and surveying services throughout New York and Pennsylvania. While keeping within the budget constraints of their clients, Keystone Associates delivers creative and innovative designs with project management services driven by intensive quality control.
Some of the services offered by Keystone Associates, LLC include:
* Building Design
* Site Surveying
* Engineering (Civil, Geo technical, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical)
* Interior and Exterior Design
* Construction Management
Keystone Association, LLC received the following recognitions for their work on Worcester Central School District addition and renovation project:
* Selected for publication in Penton Media’s American School & University® 2012 Architectural Portfolio- An annual competition honoring education design excellence, the Architectural Portfolio spotlights projects representing today’s most effective learning environments.
* Selected as one of the Top Ten winners for the 2012 myMarvin Architect’s Challenge, an annual contest that honors the best in architecture featuring Marvin windows and doors in the United States and beyond.
* American Concrete Institute – Central New York Chapter – Concrete Gold Medal Winner
* American Concrete Institute – Central New York Chapter – Masonry Gold Medal Winner
Given the risk involved in design and engineering projects for school buildings, our expert team of professional liability consultants at Fenner & Esler conducted a comprehensive review of Keystone Associates’ insurance policies to ensure they had sufficient coverage for the significant liability risks associated with the project. Additionally, our risk management professionals reviewed the contracts related to the project to prevent Keystone Associates from assuming more than their fair share of responsibility for the addition and renovation project. Personalized service is the foundation of Fenner & Esler’s success as a leading provider of scalable professional liability insurance for engineering professionals.